- there's a class called Dance Aerobic Funk - and boy do they get funky
- more than normal amount of spandex worn by gym goers
- Men's showers without dividers (knowledge courtesy of EZ)
- There is a tanning bed in your gym
- Guys drop by just to tan
- your gym has a juice bar
- your gym has a hair salon
- you see more than one guy with manorexia
- gay blogger Andrew Sullivan works out there (EZ spotted him in the locker room)
- everyone but you is gay
a) I love gays and
b) it removes the heterosexual cruising element and cuts down on the number of anorexic chicks.
The ones that are there (anorexic girls that is) are clearly forced to go to this gym due to proximity to their homes - lack of caloric intake keeps them from straying too far.
Since I always played sports or biked rather than hit then gym, I also got a session with a personal trainer as I haven't a clue how to use weight machines. I have similarly avoided the treadmill because my inherent klutziness and ability to fall for no reason leaves me with a deep seated fear that I will face-plant onto it at full speed. At my session, the trainer realized I'm a rather hopeless case and basically said "wow, you really have no clue. An hour really isn't enough time for me to show you the ropes".
In related news, I've also decided to train for a 10k, or as I like to think of it, one half of one half of a marathon. This should provide hilarious tales as well because I have absolutely no idea how to go about this.