Sunday, July 13, 2008

Another Vanity Project Someone Should Have Stopped

You know what being pretty and having big boobs will get you? IF you're an actress, pretty much anything. Sometimes even a record deal. Because nothing says I'm good at everything like being sort of good at one thing.

Case in point: Scarlett Johansson's debut album "Anywhere I Lay My Head". I hope her debut album is also her finale as well as her greatest hits. For anyone who think I'm overly critical, I'll just let you revisit her karaoke triumph in Lost in Translation. But wait, karaoke is *supposed* to sound bad some of you might argue.

Well to those of you who believe that, listen to this single from her album -- S Jo's own version
Personally, I believe that's hubris -- only Tom Waits sings Tom Waits. I would also submit that this version is terrible, although the Waits apparently oked this. And David Bowie is singing back up vocals. Not to mention the video seems to be a tribute to how "difficult" it is to be beautiful and get made up and what not.

All of which just makes me wonder what is wrong with the unvierse.

You can hear the original falling down here.

2 comments:

paperback reader said...

I need to see pictures of her boobs to decide how I feel about this album, please.

Evil Genius said...

I found it hard to concentrate after you used the word "boobs," though I am sure I agree with whatever you said after that. Maybe she just needs to smoke another 100,000 cigarettes to "season" her voice into a more Waitsesque gravel.